Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Here We Go Again!

Quote from Gwyneth Paltrow: "We have all these aspirations. We want this, and we want that. We take on too many activities, too many commitments. But, really, if you can figure out how to spend time with the people you love, how to laugh and how to take care of yourself, that's the whole thing right there. That's the very best part of life." - Good Housekeeping Feb 2011

I read this article while sitting in the dentist chair waiting to get my root canal redone and it was my light bulb moment of 2011. I need to take a look at everything I'm doing and re-evaluate the benefits ... does it have a positive or negative impact on my family? If negative, then I need to let it go!

There are so many things that I want to do that I'm just not getting to. Keeping up with this blog for one thing! Doing something with the thousands of pictures I have living in my basement and on my computer for another!!

Which brings me to my latest project. I call it the "365 project" - take a picture a day and put it in a digital book. At the end of the year, our family will have a nice memory of 2011 to enjoy! If I'm going to be successful, then I need to take heed of Gwyneth and purge what's not important! I'm hoping this project will help me take stock of each day and what single moment stands out ... big or little.

Another quote I got in a fortune cookie last week: "Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

1 comment:

  1. gg.evsvideos vimeo - Vimeo
    Videos.vimeo. vimeo. Find mp3 juice videos related to gg.evsvideos vimeo related on videodl.cc.

    ReplyDelete